Summer is a great time to get outside and enjoy the warm weather, but the heat can make your garage unbearable. If you use your garage as a workspace, a gym, or just a place to store your belongings, you want to keep it cool and comfortable. Here are some tips for keeping your garage cool in the summer:
- Insulate your garage door: Insulating your garage door can help keep the heat out and the cool air in. You can buy an insulation kit at your local hardware store or hire a professional to install it for you. It may cost a bit of money upfront, but it will pay off in the long run by keeping your garage cooler and reducing your energy bills.
- Install a ceiling fan: A ceiling fan can circulate the air in your garage and create a cooling breeze. Make sure to choose a fan that is suitable for outdoor use and install it in the center of your garage for maximum effect.
- Use a portable air conditioner: A portable air conditioner can be a great solution for keeping your garage cool in the summer. They are easy to install and can be moved from room to room as needed. Make sure to choose a unit that is powerful enough to cool your garage and has a suitable BTU rating.
- Add shade: If your garage gets a lot of sun exposure, adding some shade can help keep it cool. You can install a canopy or awning over your garage door or add some trees or plants to provide natural shade.
- Keep the door closed: It may seem obvious, but keeping the garage door closed can make a big difference in keeping the space cool. Try to limit the amount of time the door is open and consider installing a screen door to allow for ventilation while keeping bugs out.
- Use light-colored paint: Light colors reflect heat, while dark colors absorb it. Painting your garage walls and ceiling with light colors can help keep the space cooler by reflecting the sun’s rays.
Let Door Master Help Cool Your Garage
We are here to help our clients to make their garages a livable environment again. Keeping your garage cool in the summer is possible with the right strategies in place. Insulating your garage door, using a ceiling fan, installing a portable air conditioner, adding shade, keeping the door closed, and using light-colored paint can all help keep your garage cool and comfortable during the hot summer months.